Welcome to C’idawai Point Cabins, on Denny Island, B.C., in the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest. We offer spectacular waterfront cabin rentals, self-contained and private, in a forested setting.
Denny Island is adjacent to the Heiltsuk Nation community of Bella Bella, also called Waglisla, on the outer central coast of B.C. (see Getting Here). In the Heiltsuk language, C’idawai (pronounced Tsi-da-wai) is the name for the magnificent Sandhill cranes, which summer and breed in this area. The Great Bear Rainforest is the largest remaining tract of intact temperate rainforest in the world. It is home to grizzly bears, grey wolves, humpback and orca whales, giant conifers, every species of wild Pacific salmon, and much more.
- Our location is just a 5 minute boat ride or 25 minute walk away from Shearwater Marina, and a 15 minute boat ride from Bella Bella.
- We offer family-oriented accommodation with space to play, stretch, relax, and enjoy the peace and beauty of British Columbia's wild Pacific coast. Our cabins are also a perfect retreat for writers and others seeking privacy and tranquility.
- We can help you plan your wildlife-viewing, kayaking, or fishing trip of a lifetime: just ask!
- Deluxe self-catered breakfast is available upon request.
- Moorage at our private dock, bar-b-que and freezer space are available.
- Cell reception on the Telus network and satellite TV are available at the cabins.
- There is ATV access to the property; otherwise it’s about a 10 minute walk to road access.
- Watch the sunrise from your cabin window or deck in summertime, or be thrilled by wild weather in winter!